November 3, 2008

Tomorrow is the Big Day!


Tomorrow we let our voices be heard. Tomorrow is the opportunity that has been knocking on our doors for a long time. Tomorrow you and I take a stand for peace, unity and a brighter future for our children. You can be part of the change or you can be part of the problem. There has never been a more important time in our lives than these last few hours in history and believe me we are making history when we go to those polls. We are another step up the ladder tomorrow when we cast our votes.

Now I'll tell you know, if you don't know already, I'm voting for the first black president! When asked "If I was voting for Obama because he was black?" I replied hell yes but that is just one of the many reasons. I should have asked "Are you not going to vote for him because he is?" but some things are better left unsaid. I'm voting for change, I'm voting for hope, I'm voting for an intelligent man who represents the United States of America flawlessly.

He is what the the Civil Rights Movement was fighting for and now I get to see history as it unfolds. This is just one of the many steps but the door has widen so much more than we could have ever imagined. I am proud to be Black at this moment and at this time, I have someone who represents me running for office. All black men are not locked up in jail doing nothing with their lives, all black men are not unfaithful, all black men are not lazy, all black man are not unintelligent.

I hope that tomorrow you vote, period. We can't sit around and wait for things to happen. I was mad as hell when Bush won the office twice but neither time was I at a voting booth so I was an accomplice, when I didn't vote against him I voted for him! So my readers, my friends, some of you who I've never met, tomorrow I'm asking you to be part of CHANGE! I'm asking you to be mentioned as one of the millions of first time voters in history to want more for our country. Don't be fooled by the poll numbers, they say my Black President is winning but that may be just to keep you away from the polls. Be part of History tomorrow, have a story to tell your grandchildren. If you're not voting for Change, you're voting for more of the Same!

No comments: