November 2, 2008

Love Me or Leave Me Alone


They say by the age of five a child's personality is full formed , so one can only imagine at the age of 27 who I am is not going to change. It seems sometimes I have to validate who I am with others ad honestly I'm tired of it. I'm going to be who I am regardless of whether it fits into someones' preconceived notions of me or not. Everyone falls short at times, as do I but my goal is to learn from the mistakes I've made.

I can't lie there are times when I have tried to change who am for others and it has failed miserably, I end up upset with myself for acting in such a way and mad at the other person for expecting these changes from me. It's hard when you have one individual in your life who thinks you're the most horrible person in the world and everyone else thinks otherwise. For me unfortunately, the opinion of that one person means the world to me. It eradicates every good thing that others have said about me and makes me question myself over and over again.

Today is going to be a different day, I'm putting my foot down, today I'm saying that this one person can't be so right and the rest of the world so wrong. Today I'm saying maybe this person has some issues they need to deal with because there is nothing wrong with me. Today I'm believing that I'm not such a bad person after all. Today I'm saying you either love me or leave me alone.

No comments: