November 22, 2008

Siblings



If you have siblings you understand the pros and cons of having someone share your space and your clothes. As I was growing up, my older sisters were like mothers' to me. Always correcting what I did, making me read books I didn't want to read and look for things I didn't lose. I despised my sisters growing up..lol. Oh and my brother, like two peas in a pod. I wanted to be him when I was growing up, wearing his clothes, which were way too big for me and admiring the way he made friends so effortlessly. He was my Idol, until every time he got in trouble, I got in trouble along with him, then I despised him too...lol

On my father's side, where I was the oldest, I can remember braiding my little sister's hair. I would love to try these new designs and she would actually let me. She sat quietly as I braided and never gave me a hard time. My little brothers paid me no attention and they still don't but I love them anyway.

What's most important is that the value of my siblings has changed. They are my support system and I theirs'. There's nothing more valuable than your brothers and sisters. The first to come running and the last to leave. They love you through the good moments and through the bad. They share your dreams and they motivate you when you're down and out. I use to say when I had children that I only wanted one but I can't imagine life without someone else to share it with and in my case, I have many.

Appreciate the siblings that you have, they all have their faults but when the chips are down they are irreplaceable.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the older you get the more you appreciate your siblings and can relate to them. My brother and I would fight all the time when we were younger. Once I turned like 19 we became really cool and we are like bestfriends....

Slymnsexxy said...

yea same with me and my siblings...now were the best of friends and i enjoy every moment i spend with them.