November 19, 2008

Prince Charming


Recently I have met some guys who have been interested in pursuing a relationship. They are willing to give me what I "need", so they say. Some have been discreet in their attempts and others have been straight forward about where they would like our friendship to go. Unfortunately, picking a mate is not so easy for me. There are certain qualities that I look for in my significant other and there are expectations which I will not overlook. I won't overlook them because I've been down that road before and my expectations are not unrealistic. My partner not meeting those expectations is what got my heart broken.

What are my expectations you may be wondering, well first and foremost a man who is faithful. When I say faithful, I don't mean fidelity, I mean believes in a higher power. The belief in a power outside ourselves that we must answer to guides us in many of our decisions. A man who has a belief in God is submissive to moral law. He may fall short at times but he is repentant.

Secondly, an honest man is important. Some of you may be cracking up right now but there are honest men out there. The problem with the honesty that woman get, is that they don't want to hear it. I don't want to be with someone who tells me what I want to hear, I want to be with someone who tells me what I need to hear.

Lastly, I need someone who is handsome, humorous, respectful and respected(there is a difference), motivated, diligent, affectionate....lol. I'm not asking for much...you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i dont think your asking for a lot at all... i find it interesting that a lot of people look for all sorts of other qualities. but they don't really care if the person had a relation ship with GOD...

Slymnsexxy said...

Thats one of the most important things is a relationship with God..i want someone whose going to go to God with me when the times get rough because sometimes he ls the only way to get through some things. thats top of the list.