November 9, 2008

All My Single Ladies...


When I first heard Beyonce's new song "Single Ladies (Put a ring on it), I thought to myself, there's our anthem. Not only is it a catchy song but its' what every woman wants to say to that guy who takes her for granted. The outcome is the same 95%of the time. The woman moves on, and the guy is trying to get what he lost when it was his for the taking all along.

I was in the Velvet Room in Georgia, a night club, the first time I heard the song in a club and while the women were jumping around having a good time, the men were looking at us like we were in another planet. One was even shaking his head. LOL, its' so funny that even a song about commitment can make a man sour. I guess when it comes to knowing what we want, women are more able to make the choice to settle down. Men, correct me if I'm wrong but even when someone seems like the one, they still continue on their search just to be absolutely sure.

That Beyonce song just stirs up some stuff inside of me like a Barack speech..lol. Sometimes you just want to tell that man, listen, either you're going to reap the rewards or someone else will but I'd much rather it be you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i don't think its that .. its just that you women love ur anthem songs
where our anthem songs..??? we don't have ne
that's why i would be shaking my head towards women when this songs come on..lol

Slymnsexxy said...

LOL... you sound like you're hating right now, but I'll let it slide since you probably fall into the stereotypical dudes...lmao!