October 17, 2008

With Age Comes Wisdom

Next week Thursday is my birthday and I'll be turning the Big 21...lol for those of you who know me, you get the joke. I remember being younger and wishing old age so that I could do all things adults do and then I got older and started paying bills and wanted to be a child again. Now I'm okay with my age.

With age comes wisdom. What I didn't know as a child, I've learned as an adult. Such as, acquaintances come and go but friends are there for the long haul. Relationships don't always turn out the way we want them to but they turn out the way their suppose to. Everything is a life lesson, you either learn from it or repeat the same mistakes over and over again. Family is not only the people who share your blood line. Work should be fun and should never feel like a chore. Lastly, God is the only man who fulfills all your needs.

Though I still look like I'm eighteen, my chronological age is creeping up there but I'm happy with where I am in life. I'm not taking one day for granted. So as I count down the days until the day of my birth, I also count my blessings. There is no greater blessing than to have lived (cough, cough)for 21 years on this earth and hopefully many more!

No comments: