October 21, 2008

Breaking Up Was Never Easy but Now It Is!


Breaking up is tough thing to do when you know you're going to hurt the other persons feelings but how you do it is even more important. With the creation of text and instant messaging people have been given a new and easier way to break up.

Though I've never done the breaking up thing in text, I have used it as an outlet to say things I just wouldn't say if the person were standing right in front me. Having text messaging is like having a shot of patron. It takes the edge off. We become people we never thought we were when you're miles away and don't have to see the reaction of the person we're speaking to.

Though at times we want to take the easy way out, I've learned certain things are better said in person. Even though you don't want to give the other person an explanation for the break-up, which is why most people dread it, sending a text message doesn't even allow the opportunity for a decent conversation. Its only fair to the other person that they know why things didn't work out.

If you were thinking about making it easier on yourself by breaking up through texting or IM just imagine how you would feel if the shoe were on the other foot or better yet if the phone were in the other hand.

4 comments:

Latoya said...

i'VE DONE THE BREAKIN UP THROUGH A INSTANT MESSAGER & TEXT MESSAGE WHICH WAS EASY BUT WHEN IT HAPPEN TO ME I THOUGHT IT WASNT KOOL. BUT I LEARNED MY LESSON "NEVER BREAK UP WITH SOMEBODY THROUGH TECHNOLOGY"

Anonymous said...

Ok speaking from experience, I received several breaking up messages and how unhappy he is. It bothered me,especially when you are trying to reach the person over the phone and they are are not picking up. I realized that,I was not the one with the problem so I took a mature approach to the situation and decided that the next time this happened, I would not text back nor call to see if we could talk it out. I must say it worked, because a few days later he text me back "I am Sorry I was just depressed and angry". So my message to you, ignore the text and let him/her have there own text war.I am telling you it kills them when you DONT REPLY especially, when they are trying to get you upset.

Anonymous said...

i agree , thats why people should do what i do.. break up via email... its much more personal that way

Slymnsexxy said...

Lmfao at poster's comment and thank you anonymous for your insight ;o). Being mature is always the higher road to take. And add email to the do not use as a form of breaking up list.