December 29, 2008

One Way Friendships


Have you ever been friends with someone and you're the one calling, or checking up on the person all the time? It seems you are the only one participating and if you don't call you never hear from this person. This is the one way friendship. Of course there are times when life is just hectic and neither one of you have time to keep in contact but when the reconnection happens it can be either person that says "hey I haven't heard from you in awhile, what's up?"

If there is only one person doing this all the time you have to question whether you have a genuine friendship. Friends should be equally valuable to each other which means they should both be equal participants in the friendship. I can say that I am bad at keeping in touch with people at times so I may send a text every now and then just as a reminder that I am still thinking of my friends. I think any form of communication is good as long as there is some at all.

I think one way friendships are very frustrating, at first you don't realize how much one-sided effort you're putting in until you become wrapped in life as well. These kind of relationships should be re-evaluated. Do you want to be the only one keeping a friendship going? If not cut the strings and keep it moving.

2 comments:

Livefromthebar said...

hmmm is this about me..lol

Slymnsexxy said...

LOL...does the shoe fit? Notice I said that you have to let one way friendships go...I'm not letting you go anywhere ;o)