December 26, 2008

Basketball- My Lost Love


We all gathered at my sister's house yesterday to enjoy the day together and wherever there is men there is sure to be sports. I watched the Celtics-Lakers game and was pleasantly surprised. If anyone remembers the era of Michael Jordan you know the excitement that the game brought to every household whenever the Bulls were playing. You waited for the dunk, the tongue or the air to part ways and let Michael Jordan take flight. I loved basketball then.

I was devastated when Michael left the game, my love for the sport became labile. I was an Allen Iverson fan for a little, than a Jason Kidd fan for a minute and than I was hater when Kobe joined the game because they compared him to Michael. All in all my love for the game was never the same. It still isn't. I can't watch a whole basketball game like I could have before but my fascination with Michael Jordan has wained. Basketball is a beautiful sport, artistic at times. I guess I'm still waiting for that superstar, my superstar, til then I might sneak a peek every once in awhile.

2 comments:

Livefromthebar said...

yea the good ol days.. I was a bull's fan the days Jordan was on the team.. arguably the greatest team of our generations. I didn't like it when Jordan came back for the wizards.. I hated seeing the younger generation of basket ball stars ( KOBE, DWayde, Lebron James etc..) score on Jordan

Slymnsexxy said...

Its' always a bad move to retire and come back, especially when the younger players are moving quicker than you are. I block the wizards time out of my head. I just think about the 66 pts in a game Michael. Damn that man was good!