January 18, 2009

Why Am I the Middleman?

Ever been used as the transporter for information. Everything that needs to be said to another individual must be passed through you and you must relay the message. In my family I am the middleman, the relayer (if that's a word) of information. Usually it comes from my mother to one of my sisters or brother. I guess being the last child in the house afforded me this job description but I hate it especially when the information causes a long conversation which I really don't want to be a part of.

So what do I do to steer clear of these long convo's? I don't relay the message...lol. Unless it is something of great importance the message stays with me, the relayer, until my mother has a conversation with my sisters or brother and brings up said topic. My mother will ask why I didn't tell them and I'll say because I forgot...I am a busy woman. I have then, just avoided being part of something I didn't want to be part of.

Being the middleman has its' up and downs. I am always connected to my brother and sisters. We have a very close relationship but then I also get caught in the middle when their is a disagreement and I surely am not choosing sides. I'll just play my position...the middleman I guess?

No comments: