August 13, 2009

On and Off....


I've had the unfortunate opportunity of meeting people who have dysfunctional personalities. Individuals in particular who are like light switches. They turn on an off depending on which direction the wind is blowing. Now don't get me wrong, I can be the same way to a certain extent. I only become like this when someone has done something that is truly disrespectful or who I no longer feels deserves me in their life. (Yes I think I'm that special) However, I do not turn on and off like a light switch from Monday to Tuesday, of the same week! Nor does my light switch get turned back on once it is off.


Those kinds of people I have little patience for. You will not laugh and joke with me today and then act like I killed your mother the next day and assume on the third day we're friends. I don't do fake superficial friendships, either I'm in it or I'm not. If I don't like you, you'll know because there will be no conversation held. Yes, I'm that real! I don't sugar coat or pretend, it's not part of who I am.

I think it is very childish for these individuals to believe that this behavior is acceptable. It is not and actually these people need help. Everyone has issues in their lives. We all walk around with burdens on our shoulders, but to take those things out on the people around us is absolutely inappropriate. So if someone turns off their light switch for me, keep it off, cut the electricity, I'll find my light somewhere else.

No comments: