August 12, 2009

I'm Baccckkk!....A Good Man


So it's been a minute since I've voiced my opinion on some things. A lot has been going on, I'm done with nursing school, officially a Registered Nurse and my lonely days are over. Things are going in the right direction and since they are I can speak on certain things now.

What's a good man? Oh I wondered for oh so long what a good man was. Was he attractive? Was he rich? Was he a go getter? I wondered what a good man would be and even put some people in that category who didn't deserve the title. My sister gave me some good advice one day, she said "pray on it," and boy did I.
I didn't leave one requirement out and for a long time I waited, waited and prayed. You see the problem with women is sometimes we're drawn to what's not good for us. We're drawn to the bad boy, trying to change his ways and make him see that we're the "One." What a horrible way to start anything.

How do you start any relationship? You become friends, you talk about life, what your goals are, what your expectations are for people in your life and you gauge whether you and that person share the same views. Friendship is the foundation for all relationships. Ultimately we aim not to hurt our friends. You laugh with your friends, you're honest with your friends, you share all your hopes, dreams and aspirations with them. So you can imagine what a relationship based on friendship would feel like. It's fulfilling, for both individuals.

What's most important is that when you're praying for this significant other you pray for the right things. The superficial things won't get you far, good looks won't pay the bills, but a motivated person will. A rich person won't fill your heart with love, but someone who walks in the light of the Lord will love you from the bottom of their heart. Just be specific when you're praying. Know what you want and what's important to you.

No comments: