January 4, 2012

It is what it Is....

As a young adult, I had the impression that my friendships were never ending. Nothing and no one could get in the way of long term friendships. Boy was I wrong. When I became engaged to my now husband, I learned a lot about the people in my life. Not every one is happy for your happiness. Sad but true. Individuals who I confided it and thought were going to be in my life for the long haul suddenly removed themselves from my life. Was I hurt? Yes. Was I shocked? Absolutely. Did my life end? I'm writing this blog right now so I'm good.

While some people did show themselves true, others really stepped up to the friend plate. People who I didn't expect to go above and beyond really did and others who were there for me emotionally made me feel like though I had lost, I also gained. I would hope that friends would want to share in the wonderful moments in your life but that's not always the case. I'm not mad, not complaining, just thankful that I learned sooner rather than later.

No comments: